Before we dive into today’s links, a quick plug if you live in the northern Virginia/DC area… this Saturday (the 27th), Friends of Homeless Animals (giver of Tavish) is hosting its annual Barktoberfest. Stop by for pet contests, music, food, drinks, fun, puppies, kittens, and more… check it out!
Now… let’s do this.
- First up, your punny pet names: Rawr-iska Hartigay (star of Paw & Order: SVMew) and Ace Hentura (bird detective, obviously).
- Speaking of Olivia Benson, I think Mariska Hartigay is my soul mate. (H/t Hey Love Designs for sending this one my way!)
- Move over, Ace Ventura. This little dude is my new favorite pet detective.
- Furry pet detective aside, there appears to be an actual and altruistic pet detective in Canada.
- I need a detective (pet or otherwise) to help me solve these mysteries. Anyone?
- Is your dog the Hooch to your Turner? Take this quiz and find out which fictional duo you and your pet are most like. (My result? Apparently tiny Tavish is a giant St. Bernard at heart, and I’m a nerdy adolescent boy. Who knew?)
Holy crap, you guys. Agatha Christie’s first dog looked like Tavish. Doggelganger alert!
(I realize that the “holy crap” portion of that sentence might not accurately capture your reaction, but I promise you that was mine. My mom loved Agatha Christie, so I have a soft spot for all things A.C.)
Anyway, check it out:
Fascinating, yes? Authors are kind of like rock stars to me, so I loved that video on many levels.
In closing… take a look, it’s in a book.