I just couldn’t resist.
You know, I think this blog is way overdue for a good old fashioned link roundup. Don’t you agree? Let’s dive right in.
- First up, your punny pet names for the week: Hiss Hemsworth and Ferret Leto.
- It’s the first rule of Dog Club, man.
- Some look at things and say, “Why?” Others look at things and think, “Dang, that would do for a dog train.”
- How have I never heard of this podcast before?
- I feel the need to introduce you two these dog-related comics: Dogs, Ducks & Aliens and Bark Trek. You’re welcome.
- Tell everyone I died from too much cuteness. They’ll understand.
Finally, as always, we end with a video. Forget that whole doggie in the window thing:
Thanks to BarkPost for this one!
Man, posting a link roundup has me feeling all kinds of nostalgic. I can’t promise them weekly, but it did feel kind of good to bring back the link-a-palooza.
So, anyone else about to be snowbound?
I hate winter. (Tavish agrees.)
Anyone else watching Galavant?
I just might be a little obsessed. Join me in my madness.
Anyway, this song was in last week’s episode, and I thought it might speak to my fellow crazy dog (or cat/lizard/bird/whatever) ladies (or gentlemen) out there.
Do you believe in Richard’s dragon pal? With a song like this, it’s hard not to. https://t.co/BRD5q28hSb
— Galavant (@GalavantABC) January 19, 2016
Tad Cooper 4-ever, you guys.
Do you sing to your non-human BFF? Tell me more…
Last year was a busy blogging year for me… just not on this blog. I launched my webcomic, which – like a shiny, new toy – has gotten the lion’s share of my attention. I’ll admit that I’ve found myself missing this space and hope to give some more attention to my first blog-child in the coming year. (We’ll talk more about that later this month – stay tuned.)
With that in mind, I wanted to start off the new year with a new post. When a friend told me about 50 Happy Things, I just knew that this was the perfect way to kick off 2016 (and to help me find some positivity in a year that seemed to be full of sad news from the world at large). Plus, I love lists. I have a list of the lists that I keep. It’s like list-ception.
You can visit Tales from the Motherland for the full lowdown, but here are the basics:
- Set a timer for ten minutes.
- During those ten minutes, write a list of 50(ish) things that made you happy (or that you were grateful for) in 2015. (After time was up, I went back and added some links, comments, and photos – you know I can’t resist a good link roundup.)
- Add your post to the list of bloggers participating in this flood of gratitude. (Don’t have a blog? That’s okay! You can do this on your own – either just for yourself, or to share with your friends in another format. Also, if you want to tell me some of the things that made you happy in the comments, I’d love to hear them!)
I armed Tavish with a stopwatch, which he promptly ignored in favor of going back to sleep. (Hosting people for New Year’s Eve is exhausting, apparently.) So, looks like I’m on my own. Here we go… Continue reading
Did you really think I would let a holiday season pass by without sending some new caroldies your way? Perish the thought.
A Game Upon the Midnight Clear
It came upon a midnight clear,
That canine urge to go.
Whining and wiggling for all they’re worth,
To lead you into the cold.
Canine mirth, you’re out and then,
That puppy won’t do a thing.
You head back in to get some sleep,
Before that alarm does ring.
You’re back to sleep and then they come,
Cold noses end dream world.
And then on sleepy feet you float,
From bed you are uncurled.
Out again, they make no gains,
Back in the house you bring,
Your stubborn and insistent hounds,
Who still won’t do a thing.
To sleep again, you’re on the road,
When they say no, no, no.
You leash again, get on the way,
Your painful steps are slow.
You know it is beyond your powers,
To untangle from this string.
You trudge along a helpless toad,
As daylight begins to sing.
Want more caroldies? You’re obviously a glutton for punishment (or, more accurately, PUN-ishment). However, you’re obviously in charge of your own destiny, so… click at your own risk.
Getting back into the swing of things means reviving the weekly link roundup, so… here we go!
- First up, your punny pet names: Katey Seagull and Mick Wagger. (Also, please enjoy this bonus punny action. You’re welcome.)
- This is an old one, but I just can’t with the news this week… so let’s revisit some good news!
- Yes… more good news! We need some fuzzy, happy things right now.
- For all the times that the world disappoints me, there’s always some good eggs to remind me that there’s still some awesome out there. Thanks, pals.
- Let’s make this happen, guys. (Basically… I’m #TeamBob.)
- It’s been kind of rainy this week. I need to do this to help me make it through.
- It seems weird to finish this post without any holiday-related links. So, here’s a holiday DIY for the dog lovers out there.
- Oh, I can’t stop with just one. I also can’t resist sharing this amazing holiday card.
It’s not really holiday-related, but I love everything about this video (including the Hall & Oates soundtrack):
(I’m always on the lookout for these types of videos thanks to this awesome lady.)
In conclusion… meow.
It’s time for your Friday linkage. (I’m getting this one in right under the wire. Last minute? Who, me?)
- First up, your punny pet names: Pandalf the Red and Angela Pandasbury. I maaaay have used my good (?) panda puns in the past.
- Where did August go? I’m not ready for this yet, no matter how cute it might be.
- This one’s old news, but I don’t care. Red panda twins are always timely. (As are single red panda cubs. I don’t discriminate.)
- I cannot stop posting links to photos of tiny red pandas.
- I might need a red panda intervention, friends.
- Seriously. Here’s a probable reenactment of what would happen if I ever get within snuggling distance of a red panda. (Can it be a reenactment if it hasn’t happened yet? If not, what should I call it? A preenactment?)
- Red panda. (See? I’ve lost control. Forgotten how to form complete sentences.)
I’m not entirely sure what’s happening here, but it’s catchy (and stuck in my head):
In case you missed it, here’s what we were up to on the blog this week when I wasn’t ogling red pandas:
- Adorable adoptable in northern Virginia: Ratiki
- Phoning it in? Nah…
- Caption this dog: Well, hello there…
- 6 puppies I really want to snuggle
(Also, I missed yet another post yesterday. I am really not so good at this whole blogging every day thing! Oh, well…)
Once upon a time*, a blogger in need of a break took a trip to Las Vegas with her bestie. These two intrepid friends made the arduous** journey to the desert in order to meet some musical royalty. As they navigated the byzantine maze that was their hotel, the blogger spotted a slot machine with an intriguing title:
Puppy. Freaking. Stampede. Continue reading
I was going to post this week’s links on Friday, as usual… but I didn’t. Then I was going to post them on Saturday… but I didn’t. So, you’re getting this week’s links on Sunday evening instead.
- First up, your punny pet names: Derek Moolander and Billy Goat Zane.
- Speaking of puns, this joke is simply meowvelous.
- If you’re in need of advice, never fear – musicals are here!
- This hedgehog shall not be named.
- I’m not sure what distracted me on Friday (something shiny?), but Saturday was devoted to hanging out with some fantastic pet bloggers.
- Warning: if you’re a perfectionist like me, you might get sucked into this quiz. (I did – thanks my pal from to The Dog Park, who shared this link with me and distracted me today.) How many countries can you name?
Today’s video is one of my favorites of all time.
That armadillo is my everything.
In case you missed it, here’s what we’ve been up to on the blog this week:
- The first rule of Puppy Kiss Club
- DOGma: How to get rid of your guilty pleasures once and for all
- Caption this dog: Journey to the center of the couch