Today you shall get the benefit of my crazy. I present a sampling (a blog mixtape, if you will) of songs I’ve changed the lyrics of to sing to or about Bella. She gets to experience my performances live on a regular basis (it’s like I have a show in Vegas, but it’s at my house and no one pays to see me). Feel free to work these songs into your daily life – I won’t even ask you to pay royalties.
5. “You Give Love a Bad Name” by Bon Jovi – this whole song is perfect, but it begins, “Rolling in stuff, and you’re too blame… Bella, you give dogs a bad name.”
4. “Hey Mickey” by Toni Basil – As in, “oh Bella, you’re so fine, you’re so fine you blow my mind – hey Bella!”
3. “Iron Man” by Black Sabbath – Short and to the point: “You… are… Bella dog. Do do do do do do do… you’re a dog.” This one is subject to multiple variations during live performances.
2. ”Paparazzi” by Lady Gaga – this one may be familiar to you: “”Open the dog food can, I’ll follow you until you walk me, pupper, pupperazzi. Baby, there’s no other pet owner for me, my pupper, pupperazzi. Promise I will whine, until that toy is mine. Maybe you should feed me, I’ll chase you down until you feed me, pupper, pupperazzi…”
Finally, my personal favorite:
1. “Karma Chameleon” by Culture Club - sing it with me: “Bella Bella Bella Bella Bella Chameleon…. you come and go, you come and go-oh. Walking would be easy if you would stop zigzagging… just walk calmly, just walk calmly-eeee…” (And remember, it’s pronounced “Cha-me-lee-on.”)
There are many (MANY) more I could share with you. However, I figure I should leave you wanting more. So… do you want more? If so, perhaps I’ll post more of these another day.
I don’t think I’ve mentioned it here yet, but I’m in the process of participating in a 31 Days to Building a Better Blog Challenge. Today’s task was to compose a list post… hence the format. I do enjoy a good list, and I sometimes forget how fun they can be! For other list-type posts I’ve done in the past, check out these: favorite posts, bath tips, favorite tv episodes, parody TV shows and parody movie pitches. I also utilize the list format for No Frown Friday and sometimes add smaller lists in other posts (like this BlogPaws recap ). Do you use list posts? What do you think about them? Tell me about it in the comments!