It’s almost time to watch Halloween cartoons! (Yes, I am five.) I do love It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown – however, for my favorite special, I have to break out the DVD player. Which one is that, you might ask? Garfield, of course. What’s yours?
Anyway, before I do that, I owe you some Halloween linkage. Enjoy…
- This week’s punny pet names are inspired by my friend Coney McConerson: Conan O’Whinin’, Ichabod Cone and Cone Crawford. (I’ve also added a few new nicknames for my Coney Island friend. One of my favorites? The Cone Ranger.)
- Looking for an easy Halloween treat this weekend? Try making this candy cane bark I shared over on the baking blog.
- Halloween is Monday… which means it’s the last Friday that I can share Halloween costumes this year. Let’s start with 6 awesome dog costumes inspired by food.
- Those photos were taken at the 21st Annual Tompkins Square Halloween Dog Parade. Want more? I aim to please.
- Remember that awesome collection of cat costumes from last week? Now there’s one for dogs too.
- Still haven’t figured out a costume for your pup? Lucky you – Doggie Stylish has a ton of ideas and tutorials! Or perhaps you’d prefer something simple? (Whatever you choose, make sure to follow these safety tips from To Dog With Love.)
- Bella’s not so into pumpkin carving… maybe she’s just intimidated by the skills of these carving creatures.
- Speaking of pumpkins, these Dog O’Lanterns from PupLove and Gardening with Wyatt are pretty awesome.
- Don’t feel like carving? It’s not necessary for maximum cute. Exhibit A: some photos of pooches hanging out with pumpkins.
Finally, this week’s video:
I hope that you have a wonderful Halloween weekend!