Today’s post is inspired by that whole Ryan Gosling “Hey girl” thing (if you don’t know what I’m talking about, you should stop whatever you’re doing and check it out – I’ll wait). It’s not the first time Mr. Gosling has made an appearance on this blog, and I’m sure it won’t be the last. I mean, the man’s dog has an adorable mohawk, AND he shares his name with adorably tiny feathered creatures.
(Before we dive in, I also wanted to encourage you to visit Grouchy Puppy – I did a guest post that will be featured there today!)
- Your weekly pun: Goose Newton.
- Wondering why I’ve got “Hey girl” on the brain? I blame this absolutely hilarious mash-up of Beauty and the Beast and that Honeybadger guy. It’s possible I like this version better than the original.
- Apparently this goose would like to challenge the idea that dog is man’s best friend.
- This duck would like to help him in that quest.
- All goslings (except for Ryan) one day grow up to be geese. This video beautifully captures that process.
- Speaking of birds, anyone familiar with Portlandia and that whole hilarious “Put a bird on it” thing? Whatever your answer, I recommend you head over to The Bloggess. You’ll be happy you did.
- Related: maybe Portlandia was wrong and you should put a cat on it instead?
- Now that we’re on the topic of cats, I just discovered this video that seems to be the perfect follow-up to Monday’s Office Space cat. Apparently curiosity about the fax machine will land the cat a rocking office job. (Bonus: cats wearing ties!)
I found today’s video strangely hypnotic:
Is it the music? I don’t know, but I would be lying if I said I didn’t watch it several times. Bird is the word, after all.
You know what else I’ll be watching several times? The return of Pop-Up Video. There should really just be a channel constantly playing Pop-Up Video. Are you listening, Vh1?