- Punny pet name: Mike-howl Ian Black.
- Did you see my guest post on Grouchy Puppy earlier this week? If not, check out 10 great reasons to adopt an older dog.
- Even better, Sharon from Grouchy Puppy did a guest post here as well (check it out if you missed it). Remember: when it comes to senior dogs, appreciate, don’t discriminate! (For a host of senior dog resources, I also recommend that you visit Daley’s Dog Years.)
- Also among the less adoptable? Pop over to Something Wagging to learn about tripod dogs (a.k.a. dogs with three legs). Don’t get too cocky – I have a feeling that many of them could beat me (and probably you) in a race. You can also read about more special
needspets at Bessie Mac, Bringing up Bella, and browndog cbr.
- I’ve talked about Black Dog Syndrome before and introduced you to some of the awesome black dogs from my past. Check out this post at the Northern Virginia Dog Blog for more info.
- Do any of your pets (past or present) fit into the less adoptable (a.k.a. “awesome but people are too dumb to see it”) category? Tell me about them! (You can also stroll down memory lane with some other bloggers this week, like Kim from This One Wild Life and Dr. V from Pawcurious.)
- Dawn from Affurmation shares why she prefers adopting those so-called less adoptable pets. It’s a great reason!
- Warning: this story from Amazon Cares about the special bond between a less adoptable pet and his human might bring tears to your eyes. (I promised no frowns, but I said nothing about happy tears.)
- Kim from CindyLu’s Muse reminds us why different is beautiful.
- As Marg’s Pets will tell you, it’s not just dogs that have to deal with this label. Learn the facts about FIV-positive cats at Brian’s Home and check out some black cats at House of Carnivores and The Chronicles of Cardigan.
We end today’s post with a video of one of those less adoptable pets…
Based on how cute this “less adoptable” black dog is, I can only conclude one thing… people are crazy.