As you probably know, I love a good parody (especially when it incorporates puppies). I enjoyed sharing some of my favorite dog song parodies with you last month, so I decided that a second installment was in order. Without further ado, here are five more dog song parodies for your listening (reading?) pleasure… feel free to serenade (annoy?) your own pet with these as you see fit.
- “It’s My Party” by… well, lots of people,
but originally by Lesley Gore – I break this one out when Bella is
watching neighborhood dogs pass by our house: “It’s my Bella and she’ll
bark if she wants to, bark if she wants to, bark if she wants to, you
would bark too if you had seen that pooch…”
- “…Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears – I made this one up while on a very long walk: “Your dawdling… is killing me (and I) I must confess, I’d like to leave (like to leave). You’ve sniffed that same thing a million times… but you make me whine… and sniff that hydrant one more time.”
- “What About Love” by Heart – appropriate for Bella’s favorite game: “What about tug? Don’t you want someone to play it with you? What about tug… or maybe keep-a-way? What about tug? I only want to hide the rope bone from you… you can have it back one day…”
- “All You Need is Love” by
The Beatles – there’s not a lot to this particular parody (it’s really
just a simple word change in the chorus), but I do enjoy it: “All you
need is pups… pups are all you need.”
- “If I Had a Million Dollars” by the Barenaked Ladies – definitely one of my feel good songs (both original and parody versions): “If I had a million doggies (if I had a million doggies), I would buy them a house (I would buy them a house). If I had a million doggies (if I had a million doggies), I’d buy them lots of goodies for that house (maybe a nice squeaky toy or a rope bone)….” and so on: “If I had a million doggies, I’d install a million doggie doors. If I had a million doggies, I’d probably still want more…”
People had some great songs in the comments last time… do you have any new dog song parodies to add to our playlist?