I’ve got lots of linky goodness for you today. Before we get silly, however, I have some cool information to share with you in honor of Pit Bull Awareness Day, which just so happens to be tomorrow.
Our pals over at love and a six-foot leash have put together a special adoption event with the Montgomery County Humane Society. For a select group of lovable wonderbulls known as Little Zee’s Fabulous Four, all adoption fees will be sponsored. Once a dog in the Fabulous Four is adopted, a new one will take his or her place on the list.
If you’re in the DC area, check out the details on how you can bring one of these adorable pups home. (Even if you’re not looking for another dog right now or aren’t in DC, you can still help by spreading the word!) For bonus points, head over to Peaceful dog, where a donation will be made to the Washington Humane Society for each comment. Pretty cool, huh?
Now, back to your regularly scheduled puns…
- Your punny pet name: Lionel Itchy.
- Remember how much I loved that Lionel Richie teapot? Well, here’s an awesome flyer to go with it. I don’t know why he fascinates me so… perhaps I’ve been wooed by his grammar skills.
- On a related note, I saw the sign below one day, and it was the highlight of my week. I’m sure the people who saw me taking this photo thought I was nuts – however, anyone who gets the reference below scores instant awesome points. (I’m beginning to think I need to join Lionel Richie Fans Anonymous. Their motto? “Hello… is it therapy you’re looking for?”)
- Um… moving on… looking for a treat to make for Halloween? Check out these creepy eyeball cake pops from Bakerella. (Continuing on that theme… there photos of animals’ eyes up close are pretty cool.)
- If that didn’t satisfy your sweet tooth, try these awesome cakes inspired by Tim Burton. (There might even be some new eye candy on my baking blog… head on over and check it out.)
- Last week, I highlighted some dogs in Halloween costumes. This week, cats get their due. (Speaking of cats, this diagram should clear up what all the fuss is about.)
- Also… I think this might be the best costume ever (although I doubt it’d translate into a pet costume).
- Want to see more cute pet costumes (and vote for your favorite)? Go to All Things Dog Blog to vote for the Most Original Costume, and swing by DogTipper to vote for the Cutest Costume.
- I wish I’d read this article about pumpkin carving tips before I tried to carve mine last weekend. Nonetheless, maybe it’ll help you in your carving endeavors. (Are you a pumpkin carving savant? Then you might want to enter this contest.)
- This photo looks like it came from some sort of horror movie.
|Lionel Richie crossing|
The video below, however, looks like it came from the best movie ever.
It’s like a remake of 8 Seconds only much more fun and without Dylan McKay.
Oh, and I know it’s No Frown Friday, but I want to keep you posted on what’s up with us today. Bella had to go in for surgery to have a lump removed this morning, and I’ll be picking her up this evening if all goes well. That being said, we’d appreciate any healing vibes you could send her way.