This brave confession over at Something Wagging has inspired me to come clean as well – I’m an awards slacker. When it comes to blogging awards, I’m deeply appreciative but supremely lazy. That ends today.
I have two awards (from
three four sources) to pass along today. I decided to give myself a bit of a challenge, and imposed a rule of my own on the proceedings. If I’ve ever given you an award in the past (this includes instances in which I cheated and just turned the spotlight on those fantastic bloggers who gave me an award), I decided to deem you ineligible for this particular round of awards. I thought it would be fun to shine the spotlight on some new faces and spaces.
First up, the Kreativ Blogger award, which I received from my pals at Kol’s Notes, Bringing Up Bella and A Filly’s Best Friend. A huge thank you to allof them for passing this award along to me – they’re all absolutely fantastic and I encourage you to pay them a visit and say so. (Go. Don’t make me “encourage” you with a baseball bat to the virtual kneecap. Seriously. Don’t get on my bad side.)
Anyway, the rules of this award require me to share a few things about myself. According to Kol’s Notes, I should share 7 things, and according to Bringing Up Bella and A Filly’s Best Friend, I should share 10. (I long ago accepted that the evolution of blog awards is akin to a game of telephone.) I’m splitting the difference and will share 8.5 things about myself:
- I cringed multiple times when typing Kreativ. I can’t help it. I’m a nerd and misspelled words bug me even when they’re misspelled on purpose.
- When I was a kid, I desperately wanted to be an archaeologist when I grew up. That did not pan out.
- I own a blanket with a photo of Bella on it. She’s gigantic. I could imagine it scaring small children, but I love it. (It was a gift from the in-laws, who indulge my love of puppies.)
- My favorite food is grilled cheese, and I often dream of a world where this restaurant has a location near my house. (That place is delicious.)
- I love puzzles and am currently addicted to the latest Professor Layton game for Nintendo DS. (If you are a puzzle-holic like me, you should definitely check this series out.)
- According to my iPod, the most played song is “Bloodstream” by Stateless.
- That song is the most played because I listened to it way too much after it appeared on The Vampire Diaries in 2010. (The fact that it remains in the top spot on my iPod almost two years later should give you an idea of just how much I played it back then.)
- Contrary to what numbers 4 through 7 may suggest, I am not a teenager, nor was I one in 2010. I haven’t been a teenager in a long time. (Bonus half fact: I’m officially old enough to star in Thirtysomething, a show that I have never actually watched.)
Up next, I’m going to pass on the Pawsome Blog Award, courtesy of Roxy the Traveling Dog. A huge thank you for sharing this award with me!
(Also, that earlier virtual kneecap threat applies… get on over there, buddy.)
The one seems to be light on the rules, other than to give it to blogs you love. With that in mind, I’m passing it on to these eight blogs:
There’s truly something special about each and every one of those blogs – I hope you’ll take the time to visit and discover the awesomeness.
Whew. I’m all out of awards, so I shall take my leave of you now. (Anyone else start singing “I’m all out of love… I’m so lost without you” after reading the first clause of that sentence? No? Um, neither did I.) Until tomorrow, my friends…