As usual, it’s time for some Friday linkage. This week, the theme is helping out. Confused? Stick with me…
- Your punny pet name: Corg Clooney. (You know, if George Clooney were a Corgi.)
- Check out this post from Oh, Corbin announcing Blogville Pitty Post Day on Monday, June 4. We intend to participate – I hope you’ll join in!
- Did you know that Be the Change for Animals (one of my personal blogging inspirations) had a birthday earlier this week? Head on over and wish the team a happy birthday! (There’s even a bit of personal news in there - I’ll be helping out as a staff writer. I can’t wait to get started!)
- Because I’m addicted to blogging, I’ve also agreed to help out with the blog for City Dogs Rescue in DC. Here’s my first post!
- Is it scattered that I’m helping with two different rescues? I think it’s kind of fun. I also help with the Friends of Homeless Animals (FOHA) Twitter account (which you should totally follow), and participate in FOHA adoption events. Guess I took my own advice!
- I’m actually attending a cool FOHA adoption event this weekend. It’s called Sit, Sip & Stay, and it’s at Bluemont Vineyard in Bluemont, VA. Attendees can taste wine while helping FOHA’s medical fund. Pretty neat, huh?
- I totally think that all rescues should steal this calling card idea. Thanks to Pamela from Something Wagging This Way Comes for sharing this one with me. (Warning: ear worm within. No, not that kind of ear worm. I think that link should earn me some geek cred.)
- Speaking of helping animals, here are thirty-five that could use your help.
- The chance to help name an otter? On a website called You Otter Know? Obviously, I’m in. I’m pulling for Sam Otterston.
- I guess we all find our own ways to help. This little girl has taken it upon herself to help her dog learn a very important life skill.
It’s not a one-way street, however. Dogs help us too. Like this dog helping his baby friend learn to crawl.
I kind of want a series featuring the adventures of this dog and baby as they grow up together. Rated TV-CAA (Cute, Awesome & Adorable).