I’m not going to lie to you. I had a hard time deciding what to write about for today’s Blog the Change event. For some reason, I had a case of writer’s block. Finally, I decided to share a few simple reasons to adopt a dog. When all else fails, keep it simple, right?
- If you’re going to adopt something, a dog is smaller than a highway. (You’ll still have to do cleanup duty, however.)
- You can tell people you’re part of the A Team. You know, for adoption. (I don’t think anyone says that, but let’s make it a thing. I pity the fool who doesn’t adopt!)
- It’s called animal rescue… so it follows that by rescuing a pup, you’re a hero. Who doesn’t want to be a hero?
- An adopted pup will never ask you who his or her biological parents are. No angst, no awkward adoption conversations!
- You’ll be part of an amazing group of people. Seriously. I’m constantly running to other people in my neighborhood who have rescued pups. It’s pretty cool.
- I’ll think you’re awesome. Seems like a pretty solid reason to me.
Wondering what other causes I’ve highlighted? I don’t always have writer’s block. In the past, I’ve covered a variety of topics, including dog rescue, finding the perfect volunteer opportunity, shelter photography, the evils of puppy mills, Pets of the Homeless, celebrating Petfinder, domestic violence and pets, and adoptable bunnies. Feel free to swing by and check them out.
Whatever you do, make sure to explore the other great blogs participating today…