This week is National Suicide Prevention Week. With that in mind, I just want to share a simple message here today:
I mean it. You cannot be replaced. If you don’t believe me, just ask your dog. Chances are, that furry face would be lost without you. In fact, I’m sure there are a host of reasons why you are simply irreplaceable.
I won’t say much more here today, but I did want to share a few links/resources.
- To learn more about the You Cannot Be Replaced campaign, please visit To Write Love on Her Arms.
- TWLOHA also has information about National Suicide Prevention Week and a host of other resources if you or someone you know needs help.
- Next, I’d like to highlight this excellent post from the Bloggess. It’s full of heart and humor, as well as great links and information.
- Kevin Breel reminds us that it’s so important to engage, reflect, and not be afraid to say how we really feel.
- Check out this brave and moving post from one of our own, the blogger behind Adventures of a Cattle Dog, who is participating in a walk to support the National Alliance on Mental Illness.
- This post from Wesley Ryan’s Music Hub really touched me today. I’m sending you over there with a hug.
- Finally, if you have lost a loved one to suicide, know that you are not alone.
A heavy post, I realize. I’ll bring the funny tomorrow.