I’ve been having trouble getting into the holiday spirit this year. However, a wise doctor (okay, me) prescribed a steady diet of holiday television. My condition has been upgraded, and I’m well on the way to recovery.
What programs are essential to my Daily Recommend Intake of Holiday Television (DRIHT… totally a catchy acronym)? Every year, I must watch at least the following ten things or I’ll get a case of the Grinchies:
– Absolutely essential. I am singing A Garfield Christmas Special this song right now. Right. Now.
White Christmas – Possibly my favorite holiday movie ever. It seriously has it all .
– An equally essential choice. A Charlie Brown Christmas Dance it out.
– Probably my favorite of the Carols. I get giddy just watching Mickey’s Christmas Carol the opening.
– Almost tied with Mickey. So many The Muppet Christmas Carol good songs.
– I am a Max the dog fangirl. How the Grinch Stole Christmas Cartoon version only, please. As far as I’m concerned, that Jim Carrey thing never happened.
– This was always one of my favorites growing up. Mice! ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas Saving Christmas!
– I still refer to the Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer Island of Misfit Toys on a regular basis (possibly as often as once a week).
– Buddy the Elf, Elf what’s your favorite color?
– Oh, George Bailey. You get me It’s a Wonderful Life every time.
Oh, and I also need to watch these two things:
The most essential viewing of all.
So, tell me… what do you absolutely have to watch to get into the holiday mood?
(Oh, and if you happened to notice that there was no
linkage yesterday, have no fear. I’m hoping to post a non-Friday installment in the near future to make up for it!)
Posted in pup culture debate |
Tagged bella, Christmas, elf, garfield, grinch, howlidays, it's a wonderful life, mickey, movies, muppets, peanuts, pup culture debate, puppies, rudolph, tavish, tunes, tv, twas the night before Christmas, White Christmas |
It’s time for some Friday linkage, Howloween style…
First up, your punny pet names: Sheddy Krueger, Snarly Brown, Goosey VanPelt, and Peppermint Catty.
Apparently, all movies
are horror movies at heart. Who knew? So, what are you dressing up as this year? If you’re in need of an idea, might I recommend one of
these options? (Whatever you do, just promise me you’re not going as a sexy antelope or sexy Marie Curie or anything like that. That’s right, I’m giving you the side eye, sexy giraffe and sexy fox.) Alternatively, you can’t go wrong with a
red panda costume. Holy crap, you guys. Someone please start a blog where
they do this when their dog takes naps. Speaking of dogs in costumes, I did
enjoy these funny (and punny) ones. Don’t worry, cat lovers, I didn’t forget about you. Your felines can be
sweet or salty this year. Your choice. Do you like pranks? *Insert
disapproving Amy Poehler face here.* Anyway, Halloween is an excuse for
culinary creativity. You could make these gummy spiders. Or you can just whip up a batch of Halloween sangria.
So wrong, yet so right:
In case you missed any of them, here are last week’s posts:
That’s all for now, pals. Any Howloween plans for the weekend?
Posted in wag that tail |
Tagged canine couture, canines in costume, howlidays, howloween, meow mix, movies, old school, peanuts, pumpkins, punny, puppies, recipes, snoopy, tv, wag that tail |