I’ve been having trouble getting into the holiday spirit this year. However, a wise doctor (okay, me) prescribed a steady diet of holiday television. My condition has been upgraded, and I’m well on the way to recovery.
What programs are essential to my Daily Recommend Intake of Holiday Television (DRIHT… totally a catchy acronym)? Every year, I must watch at least the following ten things or I’ll get a case of the Grinchies:
- A Garfield Christmas Special – Absolutely essential. I am singing this song right now. Right. Now.
- White Christmas - Possibly my favorite holiday movie ever. It seriously has it all.
- A Charlie Brown Christmas – An equally essential choice. Dance it out.
- Mickey’s Christmas Carol - Probably my favorite of the Carols. I get giddy just watching the opening.
- The Muppet Christmas Carol – Almost tied with Mickey. So many good songs.
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas - I am a Max the dog fangirl. Cartoon version only, please. As far as I’m concerned, that Jim Carrey thing never happened.
- ‘Twas the Night Before Christmas – This was always one of my favorites growing up. Mice! Saving Christmas!
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - I still refer to the Island of Misfit Toys on a regular basis (possibly as often as once a week).
- Elf – Buddy the Elf, what’s your favorite color?
- It’s a Wonderful Life – Oh, George Bailey. You get me every time.
Oh, and I also need to watch these two things:
So, tell me… what do you absolutely have to watch to get into the holiday mood?
(Oh, and if you happened to notice that there was no linkage yesterday, have no fear. I’m hoping to post a non-Friday installment in the near future to make up for it!)