It’s been pretty dreary and rainy lately, and that’s got me thinking about comfort food. So… today’s No Frown Friday is food-related. (And pet-related, of course.)
- Your punny pet names for the week are inspired by famous chefs: Tom Colickio, Barko DiSpirito and Woofgang Puck. (Cat Cora needed no alterations. My favorite chef? The Swedish Chef, of course.)
- Check out this dog named Dumpling… eating a dumpling. Very meta.
- Quick math lesson: tiny kitten + tiny hat + tiny ice cream come = awesome commercial. (Congratulations! Simply by reading the preceding sentence, you’ve passed Cute Math 101.)
- Remember when Bella ate ice cream?
- Cats and dogs eating popsicles and peanut butter. (Serious Eats really has all of your needs covered when it comes to cute animals eating.)
Hmmm… not a lot of healthy foods in that list above. Might I recommend you stop by Gardening with Wyatt? The gorgeous photos of Wyatt the dog and the yummy food from his garden will inspire you to get that diet back on track. In addition to eating better, you’ll need to hit the treadmill:
No, not like that! Try it this way:
(via Cute Overload)
Seriously though, if your pet is overweight, that’s not a good thing. Bella’s had her battles with weight in the past, but on our vet’s advice we reduced the amount we were feeding her. These days she’s slim and trim. (Don’t get me wrong… she still licks the empty bowl – repeatedly – and looks at me forlornly when she finishes her meal. She’s like a canine Oliver Twist.)
Given her druthers, I’m sure Bella would eat until she couldn’t move. Luckily, our dogs have us to exercise self-control on their behalf – they can only eat what we feed them. (Unlike humans – the blame for that extra cookie is all mine.) Hope you have a happy and healthy weekend!