Although Bella’s exact specifications are unknown, I suspect (and many of you agreed) that she has some Beagle and Jack Russell Terrier in there (sometimes known as a Jack-a-Bee), and maybe a little Corgi too. Since we’ve done No Frown Friday tributes to Beagles and Corgis, it’s time to complete the trifecta!
- First up, your punny pet name: Jack Russell Crowe.
- Speaking of names, do you know how the Jack Russell Terrier got its name? Once you know its origin story, click over to Dogster to learn more about this feisty breed or watch this clip from Dogs 101.
- In the epic battle of JRTs vs. sprinkler, who wins? We do.
- Sprinkler defense aside… prepare for your heart to melt when you watch this video of a JRT mix nursing some abandoned kittens.
- JRTs can also play soccer and fly through the air with the greatest of ease. They really can do it all – remember Jesse? (Sometimes, perhaps, they should be a bit less ambitious.)
The video below reminded me of Bella… she does this every morning and often additional times throughout the day:
(via The Dog Files)
It seems like I’m always seeing JRTs in pop culture – which famous cutie is your favorite? I’m partial to Wishbone (portrayed by the awesomely named Soccer), followed closely by Eddie from Frasier (played by the equally awesome Moose).