Despite my general lack of athletic ability, I’m kind of an Olympics nerd. I really enjoy watching them, so you can bet that tonight I’ll be watching the opening ceremony. The costume craziness is just too good to pass up. (My menu will not be as classy as this one, although I now really want this baking gear.)
Anyway, the torch is on its way, so let’s get to it:
- This week’s punny pet names are, yet again, inspired by Olympic athletes: Aleasha Packramone and Tabby Wambach (or, if you prefer, Abby Wambark).
- The games are in London, Eng-a-land, this year, making this post from under the blanket a perfect fit for today’s linkage. (Did you know that London is the first city to host the Olympics three times?)
- Well, this is an entirely new take on the dog eating your homework. (I just love an Olympian with a beloved pet!)
- There will be some dogs looking out for those attending the Olympics. All security should be this cute.
- Maybe your dog wants to get in on the action? Make him this Olympic rings dog toy. If that’s not enough, tell him to check out the Pet Blogging Games.
- Adding Olympic sock catching to the games in 2016? I vote yes.
- I’m fond of (watching) many sports, but I’ll always have a soft spot for gymnastics. (I desperately wanted to take gymnastics classes as a child, but the logistics did not work out. To this day, I still can’t do a cartwheel.) As such, I enjoyed this salute to Olympic gymnast hair.
- I loved this next link – photos of Olympians hugging their parents. So sweet.
- Let’s stick with the sappy for a moment. Check out this list of ten inspirational moments from the Olympics.
- Cheetahs named after Olympic sprinters? Brilliant.
Today’s video is, fittingly, about Olympic athletes and their pets.
Are you excited about the Olympics? What events are you looking forward to watching?