If you scour my blog, you might find one photo of me. That’s pretty much it.
I was having a conversation with a few blogging friends the other day, and it turns out that I’m not alone on that front.
As bloggers – particularly pet bloggers – we spend a lot of time behind the camera, but not that much in front of it. We post countless photos of our furballs and share all sorts of personal stories, but – for some of us, at least – it’s pretty rare that our faces grace the hallowed HTML of our own blogs.
I found this conversation especially interesting, as I recently (by which I mean two months ago) read a post entitled “Lessons Learned from a Year of Staying in the Picture.” This post is a follow-up to a post the author posted in 2012 called “The Mom Stays in the Picture,” in which she talked about the reasons women avoid photos and why she wanted to change that in her own life.
The blogging conversation reminded me of those posts and my own desire to start staying in the picture. Although I have taken approximately thirteen trillion photos of my dogs (give or take), some of my favorites are the rare ones that I’m in too. In spite of that, I never post photos of myself on this blog. For all you know, I have green skin and go around singing about defying gravity a lot. (Hint: one of those tidbits is true.)
This seems to be a fairly common pet blogging phenomenon. I’m pretty sure that I could pick most of your pets out of a lineup, but wouldn’t know you if I stumbled over you on the sidewalk. We should change that. I’d like to know it’s you, should I accidentally stumble over you one day.
With that in mind, I have an invitation for you. Join us as we step out from behind the camera – it’s time to meet the bloggers! The Meet the Bloggers blog hop on December 18 is co-hosted by I Still Want More Puppies, Go Pet Friendly, Kol’s Notes, Life With Desmond, No Dog About It Blog, The Daily Dog Blog, My Brown Newfies, CindyLu’s Muse, Bringing Up Bella, Heart Like A Dog, Rescued Insanity, Peggy’s Pet Place, and NEPA Pets. (With that many co-hosts, you know it’s going to be good. We want you!)
So, that’s the why. Here’s the how:
- Join us for the hop on December 18. (A Linky list will go live that day, so make sure to add your post. If you want to add the Linky code to your post, you can find it at the end of this one.)
- Grab the badge that best describes you (options and code below).
- Your post must include a current photo of you (with or without a furry friend).
- Answer at least five (or more, if you’d like!) of the questions below:
- What’s your favorite non-animal related book?
- What’s your favorite non-animal related movie?
- What’s your favorite non-animal related food?
- Who’s your favorite actor?
- What’s one thing you have to do every day?
- What makes you feel fabulous?
- What do you wish you were more skilled at?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Favorite meal?
- What do you like to do in your free time?
- What one word would people who know you use to describe you?
- If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?
- What is one thing you’ve done that you’re most proud of?
- How is your pet most like you?
- What can your body do for you that makes you most proud?
- If you could change one thing about your life what would it be?
- Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy?
- What’s one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself?
- What drives you nuts about your pets?
- What melts your heart?
- If you didn’t have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have?
Will you join us? I’m looking forward to seeing your smiling (or scowling, if you decide to channel Grumpy Cat) face!
The Linky Code:
<!– start LinkyTools script –>