You already lost an hour this past weekend to Daylight Saving Time… so, it’s probably best to just declare this week a total loss and spend some more hours wasting time on the Internet, right? Continue reading
It’s time for another monthly roundup. Please enjoy these phenomenally pleasing posts that I loved in the month of January. Continue reading
Well, the new year is here. It’s time to look forward. Unfortunately, I really excel in looking back. I’m often nostalgic for yesterday, not to mention yesteryear. So, in order to truly say farewell to 2013, I needed to get that out of my system. I needed to post December’s monthly roundup, and I needed to do it today.
I hope you don’t mind that this roundup is so close on the heels of the last. (Although perhaps the real problem is that I’m usually at least a month behind with these!) Anyway… today, I have a selection of fourteen posts that made me smile during the last month of the year. Read on and be merry. (It’s cool to be merry in January, right? Let’s take merriment back from December. Merriment for all the months!) Continue reading
It’s time for yet another monthly roundup. Well, technically it’s past time. Anyway… today, I give you fourteen posts that made me smile in the month of November:
- Mirth Watch Thursday: We Are the Furred from Pooch Smooches – You know I can’t resist a song parody.
- Tips For Traveling with a Cat from Rescued Insanity – I know that it sounds like a straightforward post. It is not.
- Things You Say to Dogs That Would Be Creepy If You Said to People from Bunny’s Blog – Can’t argue with that.
- If my dogs were kittens. And they had a box. from Oh My Dog! – I’m a sucker for cats in boxes. True story.
- Why I Took Leaves From My Parents And Now I’m Taking Them Back from My Brown Newfies – It’s genius. Weird genius.
- Misconceptions about Gay People and Dogs from Fidose of Reality – This is a truly fantastic post, but the line about the dog with the video camera might just be my favorite part.
- Monday Mischief: Mischief-less In 7 Letters or Less from Pooch Smooches – I love this idea. What would your dog’s vanity plate say?
- Ty and Buster: How the Boys Got Their Names from Take Paws – I’m still giggling about the Rancid suggestion.
- FitDog Friday: Overcoming Obstacles from Beagles and Bargains – I can relate.
- The Rival in My Bed from Something Wagging This Way Comes – Between the post and the comments, it’s got your Daily Laugh Requirement (DLR) covered.
- Dog Nose Wisdom from Raising a Super Dog – I think Jager should be my new life coach. How do I make that happen?
- Getting to Know My Dog’s Brush (In Which the Dog’s Brush Can Speak and I Interview It) from The Chronicles of Cardigan – Where does she come up with this stuff? Love it.
- I Write More and More Letters from Rescued Insanity – I cannot get enough of these. (Also, Food Network? I hope you were listening to this wise woman.)
- Dogs in the heat of the night from A slightly R-rated dog blog – Let’s end on a joke, shall we? We shall.
There you have it – did I miss any of your favorite posts from November? (It’s possible – I only have two eyes and one laptop, after all.) If so, please share them in the comments. (Or, if you have some from December, send them my way for the next list!)
Fuzzy dog noses and whiskers on kittens. Lighthearted musings and blog posts that are written. The Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange and all that it brings. These are a few of my favorite things.
Seriously, those are some of my favorite things. Especially the Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange, which is happening right now (and which I’m honored to be co-hosting alongside the founding blog, Something Wagging This Way Comes). The PBGE (if you’ll allow me the acronym) is, to put it bluntly, magical. Instead of worrying about shopping malls and spending money, pet bloggers give each other the gift of encouragement and blog love. What could be better?
Cream colored puppies and bloggers with poodles. Bulldogs and Great Danes and four Goldendoodles. Greyhounds that snooze while a Beagle howl-sings. These are my favorite things.
This year, I’ve been paired up with Laura from The Puppy Tails. (Love the blog name, right?) I’m still working on my gift, but in the meantime I encourage you to stop by her blog and say hi. (And follow her on Twitter. She’s awesome, you guys. And her dogs are insanely cute. Insanely.)
Cats in white sweaters with protesting scratches. Dog hair that stays on my nose and eyelashes. Brown and white furballs and birds on the wing. These are my favorite things.
Have you signed up yet? If not, what are you waiting for? (If you still need convincing, please see this unassailable argument in favor of participating. I may be biased about the persuasiveness of that post, however.) You can sign up until December 20.
When the dog whines, when my spirit won’t lift, When I’m feeling sad, I think of the pet bloggers exchanging a gift, And then I don’t feel so bad.
Need some inspiration? Check out the gifts that are already under the PBGE tree:
That’s right, I’m referencing a Charlie Sheen movie from 1993. What of it?
Anyway, it’s time for another caroldy installment. After all, caroldies are the reason for the season (or so I’ve heard). First, I’d like to share my new favorite caroldy, composed by Kristine from Rescued Insanity. She gave Wham’s Last Christmas the caroldy treatment, and it is amazing and awesome. Go read it.
(Wham!’s? How the heck do I make a band name ending in an exclamation point possessive? Oh, grammar gods, I need your help.)
There’s a lot happening round these parts of late…
- First up, your punny pet names: Macawly Culkin and Doe Pesci. (You know, like doe. A deer. A female deer. And a bird.)
- Have you signed up for the Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange yet? There’s still time to join me and my fantastic co-host Pamela from Something Wagging This Way Comes for the best holiday party on the Interwebz. What are you waiting for? Go sign up! No, really… go now. I’ll wait.
- You may recall that I’ve been doing a series of guest posts over at the Grouchy Puppy blog. Yesterday’s post (The perfect holiday gift for the dog who has everything) was about Frankie’s Fund, which my friend Edie (from Will My Dog Hate Me) started to honor a little dog who made a huge difference in her life. Click here to find out how you can contribute to Frankie’s Fund to provide hospice care to senior dogs in need.
- I don’t think I shared the post before that one with you either. In it, you’ll find ten unique ways to celebrate your senior dog (and some punny pet names). I’m nothing if not helpful, right?
- J.O.D.I. from Kol’s Notes often outdoes herself. This year’s Advent Calendar for Dog Lovers is no exception. Head over to Kol’s Notes to enter to win a new prize each day (as well as an awesome grand prize when it’s all said and done)!
- On a completely unrelated note, after months of neglect, I finally updated my baking blog with a new recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Butterfinger Blondies. (I’ve got some other holiday recipes over there too, although I caution you that most are not for sharing with your furry friends.)
Finally, I give you today’s video, which I adore:
In case you missed it, here’s what we were up to on the blog this week:
- The Lazy Games: Catching Zs Edition
- Who knew elves were so furry?
- Christmas carols, doggie style
- Caption this dog: Hiding from Santa
The holidays are approaching. Much like Santa – and Type A personalities everywhere - you will probably make a list, check it twice, make a second list, check it thrice, make a sublist or two related to those lists, enlist your elves to make sure you didn’t forget to add something to the list(s), like taking photos of the reindeer for your holiday cards…
Oh, just me? (Some people get visions of sugarplums in their heads. I just get visions of to-do lists. I’m festive like that. ‘Tis the season to be crazy, after all.)
Well, um, even if you’re not quite as neurotic as Santa, you might find yourself busy with holiday-related tasks. The stress might start to slither in like the Grinch trying to snatch a roast beast. It’ll start to weigh you down.
Fortunately for you, there’s a solution to your convolution. Some salvation for your situation. Welcome to the Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange. It’s like a big virtual hug from a friend. You’ll give (and get) the gift of encouragement and blog love this holiday season. You just have to sign up. Continue reading
… or you know, to have your dog read to you. (Seriously though, if your dog can read to you, please send video footage. I’d like to be your manager.)
Anyway, It’s time for another monthly roundup. Here are eleven posts that made me smile during the month of October:
- Guest Post: Why I Approved 1 Border Collie’s Adoption to 1 Particular Family from Champion of My Heart – I love the idea behind this post, and I love hearing how it all began.
- Jemma, The Ohio Puppy Mill Chihuahua, Rescued and Healed! from Dog House Adoptions - Success stories always warm the cockles of my heart, whatever those are. (Anyone? Bueller?)
- Favorite Video Friday – Sheltie Puppy Zoomies from No Dog About It – The cuteness. It is too much. I swoon.
- Adopt a Shelter Dog Month: My Favorite Videos - from Talking Dogs – Take that, Sarah McLachlan. You’re not ruining my day.
- If Dogs Wrote Advice Columns from Something Wagging This Way Comes – Tavish would probably just advise me to give him a treat.
- Bark & Bites – Dog Baby Decor from My Life in Blog Years – Would it be weird if I made it my decor too? I mean, I’m just saying…
- Our trip home – A Journey to Adoption from Wag the Dog UK – A sweet tale, for sure. I love a happy ending.
- The Story of How I Rescued Jen from Rumpydog – Do you ever wonder how your dogs would tell this story about you?
- Oh Lord, My Water Broke from Heart Like a Dog – It’s not what you think.
- Funny Bone Monday, 44 – the Llama Edition from the Jones Natural Chews blog – All I can think about is The Emperor’s New Groove. That is not a bad thing.
- Service Dog Training: The Things a Dog Trainer Learns from Her Dogs from Smart Dog University – What do you learn from your dogs?
Did I miss any of your favorites? Share them in the comments!
Confession: I’ve been a bit behind on my blog reading lately.
However, in spite of my tendency to get distracted by shiny things, I did manage to bookmark a few posts for September’s monthly roundup. So, without further ado, here are a few of the blog posts that made me smile in the month of September:
- How Getting a Dog Saves You Money from Something Wagging This Way Comes – You can’t argue with that logic.
- Work Stinks: Desmond Wants to Quit His Job from Life with Desmond – Um, there are Office Space quotes, so I’m gonna need you to head on over and read this post, okay? Bring your flair.
- What’s on YOUR Playlist? Part 1 (and Part 2) from Bringing Up Bella – Head on over to enjoy some mellifluous melodies, many of them about marvelous mutts.
- Meme Mood Monday – Giving Thanks from Champion of My Heart – I just adore this sweet photo.
- Mickey & Jermaine – Dog Comedy Skits To Brighten Your Day from The Pet Blog Lady – I’m all about day brightening on this blog, after all.
- 13 Things (besides obscenities) to Not Name Your Dog from Chronicles of Cardigan – Both the post and the comments deserve a few moments of your time. Trust me, I’m a blogger.
- Comic Sans because dogs don’t talk in Times New Roman from The Poodle (and dog) blog – Comic Sans is like the lolcat of fonts, right?
Did I miss any of your September faves? If so, please share them in the comments!