The holidays are approaching. Much like Santa – and Type A personalities everywhere – you will probably make a list, check it twice, make a second list, check it thrice, make a sublist or two related to those lists, enlist your elves to make sure you didn’t forget to add something to the list(s), like taking photos of the reindeer for your holiday cards…
Oh, just me? (Some people get visions of sugarplums in their heads. I just get visions of to-do lists. I’m festive like that. ‘Tis the season to be crazy, after all.)
Well, um, even if you’re not quite as neurotic as Santa, you might find yourself busy with holiday-related tasks. The stress might start to slither in like the Grinch trying to snatch a roast beast. It’ll start to weigh you down.
Fortunately for you, there’s a solution to your convolution. Some salvation for your situation. Welcome to the Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange. It’s like a big virtual hug from a friend. You’ll give (and get) the gift of encouragement and blog love this holiday season. You just have to sign up.
The Pet Blogger’s Gift Exchange was born (I imagine) when visions of blog posts and Golden Retrievers danced through the head of Pamela from Something Wagging This Way Comes one fortuitous night. Lucky for us, Pamela decided to share this flash of inspiration with the world. This year, Pamela has been kind enough to allow me to co-host the best holiday party I’ve ever been invited to. I couldn’t be more excited!
Here’s how it works: People who share their love of animals either in a blog or through social media will be paired with each other. Anytime during the month of December, you will encourage your gift exchange partner by featuring their work. You can write a blog post about them, pin their best articles to a Pinterest board, feature them on your Facebook page, whatever you want.
Your partner will do the same for you.
I did it last year, and it was amazing. I was paired with Jodi from Kol’s notes, and showered her with linky love. She created a Pinterest board highlighting 25 of my blog posts. It was one of the sweetest gifts I’ve ever received. (I love you, J.O.D.I.)
Are you convinced? If not, allow me to give you a few more reasons. (Sorry folks, convincing people to see things my way is part of my day job – and apparently, hardwired into my DNA.) You should join us because:
- You don’t have to spend a dime. It only takes the gift of time. (I’m not sure why that had to rhyme.)
- You’ll have the chance to win an awesome prize. (See below.)
- Either you’ll get the chance to send warm fuzzies to a blogger you already follow, or you’ll discover a new friend. You’ll get warm fuzzies in return. It’s win-win. (Check out last year’s posts for proof. The proof is in the figgy pudding.)
- I’ll think you’re pretty darn cool.
- The best gifts come from the heart. As a wise cat once said through the magic of animation, “It’s not the giving. It’s not the getting. It’s the loving.”
I’m sure that you’re powerless in the face of my unimpeachable logic and rational arguments. So, here’s how to join the fun:
- Grab the badge here.
- Enter your information (name, email, blog address, and social media accounts) in the Rafflecopter below.
- You’ll receive your partner’s information by December 1.
- Create your gift and link up sometime during the month of December (a linky list will go live on December 1 – stay tuned).
That’s all there is to it.
What are you waiting for?
Let the party begin!