Today’s mischief is all mine, not the dog’s… I confess that I’m far behind in sharing my monthly post roundups. Today, I’m bringing you the best from September… these posts are guaranteed to put a smile on your face: Continue reading
Well, it’s November, so I’m only three months behind with August’s monthly roundup. Here are sixteen sensational posts I enjoyed during the dog days of summer…
- Peas in a Pod from Poochie Project – I love seeing two pups snuggled up together. (One of these days, Bella and Tavish!)
- Guarding the Toys from Peggy’s Pet Place – Kelly and Bella have a lot in common.
- 3 Ways I’d Really Change Dog Adoptions from Something Wagging This Way Comes – Yet another thought-provoking post from this fantastic blog. It really had me pondering the role of good communication in improving the process.
- Why I’ve decided it’s nice to have a sister from Roxy the Traveling Dog – I hope that one day Bella will pen a similar post about having a brother.
- Favorite Video Friday – Lost Pet Reunions from No Dog About It – Not going to lie, it’s totally raining on my face right now.
- Keeping a New Year’s Resolution: Volunteer Leslie Forte from City Dogs Rescue – Can’t go wrong with the tale of an inspiring volunteer.
- Happy Birthday, Ty! from Take Paws – I love Ty’s life lessons.
- I am Genetically Altered – Given that the title of this blog was inspired because of my response to the “when are you having kids” question, I absolutely adored this post. I’m much more likely to turn into mush at the sight of a puppy than a baby. How about you?
- If Dogs Spoke English from Something Wagging This Way Comes – It’s a good question. What do you wish you could tell your dog?
- How did YOU Name Your Dog? from Dakota’s Den – You guys were full of good questions that month, huh?
- What Would Your Name Be If Your Dog Had Chosen It? from My Brown Newfies – See what I mean? So many good questions!
- I wish I could be more like my dog from The Daily Dog Blog – Me too, my friend.
- I Kept Him Because His Breath Burns My Nostrils, and a Few Other Counterintuitive Reasons from Chronicles of Cardigan – Foster failure!
- Pancake Catching Fail from Pooch Smooches – The title says it all.
- Cat Immersion Project Eases Teen’s Loneliness from Bunny’s Blog – It’ll rain on your face again, but it’s worth it.
- If Dogs Talked About Us from Something Wagging This Way Comes – I do wonder sometimes…
I’ll try not to be so delinquent with future link roundups. Enjoy!
I’m breaking July’s monthly roundup into two installments – once I finally started catching up on my blog reading, the list ended up being much longer than I expected. (Seriously, I’d appreciate it if everyone would dial down the quality of their posts – it would make my life a lot easier.)
Before we get started with the first installment, I just have to share this post from Text From Dog. I just could not stop laughing after I saw it.
Anyway, without further ado, here are thirteen more posts that made me smile in July. Hats off to these awesome bloggers…
I’m using the term “paw” quite loosely here, as you’ll see…
Anyway, back to your regularly scheduled linkage. Today’s theme? Odd couples.
- Your punny pet names: Mutt Abbott and Mew Costello. (Or, if you prefer: Bud Rabbit and Lou Dogstello. Also, here’s a bonus pun for you.)
- You guys. This dog and cheetah are just… Internet, you have outdone yourself.
- In other spot-related news, can someone please explain to me why this piglet looks so much like the aforementioned cheetah?
- Apparently baa-baa-bird is now the word.
- Speaking of things I’ve heard, it seems that chicks really dig cats. (I’m officially declaring this one a trend. You know, because I have authority to do that.)
- Crabs: friends or toys that don’t require batteries? You be the judge.
- This bunny, lion & dog trio are just too much to handle. (But are they Super Golden Friends? We may never know.)
- Next movie pitch: The Fawn & the Hound. (This time, I demand a happy ending.)
- Finally, I’m also a sucker for a good game of tug. This one’s pretty fun.
I chose today’s featured video in large part due to the commenter who referred to them as Rovermeo & Gentooliet. (Also, due to the commenter who made up a punny song about it.) I’m not going to lie, I’m somewhat confused as to how this scene occurred and I’m not about to suggest these two actually get to hang out, but still…
Hot. So hot. (As you can see, the heat temporarily rendered me unable to produce normal sentences. I’ll attempt to remedy that.) To the links!
- Up first, your punny pet names: Michael Whelps and Catalie Coughlin.
- Before we get into the linkage, I just wanted to remind you that you have until July 4th to help pair service dogs with military veterans in need. It just takes one click!
- Is it hot where you are too? If so, how do you plan to cool off this weekend? These two dogs have some good ideas.
- Or maybe you otter try this method instead. (The face he makes in that video is the same one I make every morning. True story.)
- Want to go out? Get cleaned up and make sure to rock some stylish summer threads. Take a walk and then try some of these pickup lines.
- You could also take in a baseball game or go to a concert. (I’d probably skip the vet though, if possible.)
I’m almost a month behind with this monthly roundup… oops! Life has been getting the better of me lately, as you can probably tell. I’ve not been able to get around to as many blogs as I’d like, so here’s hoping I can catch up soon and get the June monthly roundup to you before September.
Anyway, on to the posts! Continue reading
Well, a new month is upon us, which means that it’s time for another monthly roundup. In light of the fact that it’s an April roundup, let’s just say I’m showering you with some awesome blog posts. No umbrella needed. Without further ado, here are some of my favorite posts from the last month:
- The worst thing my dog destroyed was… from No Dog About It – This post had me strolling down Memory Lane, remembering when my childhood pup Scotti demonstrated what she thought of my reading choices.
- The Joys of Stupid Dogs from Doggies and Stuff – I mean, I’m not saying Bella’s stupid… but she’s not really very smart. Remember the treat test?
- Random Thoughts from Basset Momma – A fantastic twist on the “this is your brain on drugs” thing from back in the day.
- Why You Should Never Use Your Daughter’s Favorite Stuffed Animal as a Dog Prop from My Brown Newfies - A good (and hilarious) lesson for us all.
- Dogs in the Movies from under the blanket – These posters are just too cool.
- You Can’t Do That! Oh Yeah? Watch Me! from Something Wagging This Way Comes – My new mantra: be the St. Bernard.
- Doggy Style Pick-Up Lines, also from Something Wagging – Hilarity doesn’t even begin to describe this one. (Pamela, you need to stop being so awesome. Actually… don’t.)
- January is Train Your Dog Month from Bringing Up Bella – Yes, it’s from April. Yes, it’s fantastic. (Bonus points for the perfectly chosen soundtrack.)
- You call me a Pit Bull like it’s a bad thing from Oh, Corbin – This post is just plain fantastic.
And here are nine more!
- The Optimism of Cats and Dogs from Life with Sampson and Delilah – I love this story. I can picture it all playing out, as clear as day.
- Blog the Change: The Kindness of a Stranger from Kol’s Notes – A truly inspirational post.
- Be a Billboard for a Good Cause from Daley’s Dog Years – This post inspired me to purchase a shirt. That’s how good it is. (Seriously though – an adorable shirt and spreading a good message? You can’t beat that.)
- Cute Welsh Corgis and Guys in Ties from Chronicles of Cardigan – Sounds like a good combo to me.
- This is why I don’t travel with family from Pawcurious – This one cracked me up, especially the reference to Dr. Google. I can’t seem to break up with that guy. He’s like a bad boyfriend.
- Video Monday: If you were a dog toy from Grouchy Puppy – Although now I am channeling Beyonce and singing “If I were a boy,” this video has nothing to do with that.
- The Top Ten Reasons Why Dog Teens are Better than Human Teens from Arwen’s Pack – Redirecting a sullen teenager using a squeaky toy? If only…
- Cats in Space from Bunny’s Blog – You know I love any excuse to reference [insert noun here]… in… space!
- Dog Song Saturday: Songs of the Dog Walker from Talking Dogs – You can’t go wrong with this one. (However, I will never be able to reference Wayne Brady without thinking of this moment.)
- The hag in the bag gets tagged from Little Dogs on Long Leashes – I bow down to the Seussian brilliance of this post.
- Wherein Dewi and I Interpret the Sick-in-Bed Moaning Scene from When Harry Met Sally from The Chronicles of Cardigan – I don’t even have words. This post is made of hilarity.
- Mall Hair from Raising a Super Dog – As a former concessions jockey at a small-town movie theater, this post spoke to me. (Our popcorn was not pre-popped, though refilling the “butter” was enough to put me off it for life.)
- Life with Cush Dogs – Guest Blog Post from Talking Dogs – Something I’ve often pondered, but never had a term for…
- Do you have dreams for your dog? from Something Wagging – To paraphrase the Rolling Stones, you can’t always get what you want, but sometimes you get exactly what (and who) you need.
- In Search of Spring from The (mis)Adventures of Sage – This one is technically from February, but I fell far behind on my blog reading and didn’t actually read it until March. However, the photos made me smile!
- Some Days You Just Want to Watch a Cute Video from Bunny’s Blog – I totally agree.
- The Eye Drop Rodeo from Tales and Tails – Anyone else remember when Rachel hated her eye drops on Friends? That’s all I could think of while reading this post.
- Favorite Video Friday – Let’s Go to The Dog Park! from No Dog About It – You just have to smile when you watch this dog’s eye view of the dog park.
- Dog a Day Project – Famous Last Words from Doggie Stylish – Haven’t we all said this one to a pup from time to time?
- Summoning Charms from jodistone – I had to share this post. It involves both Harry Potter and irresistibly cute pups!
- Dog People from under the blanket – These are just too much fun.
- Wordless Wednesday 31 – 14 Years in 4 Minutes from Bringing up Bella – This one made me cry, but in that good way. Then it made me bust out my own photo albums for a stroll down Memory Lane.
- bambino vs fido: on loving dogs less from Fido & Wino – A thoughtful post about love and change, and realizing that change doesn’t necessarily mean less love.
- A Bedtime Fairytale from Kol’s Notes – The drawings are genius. Genius, I tell you.
- Life Without A Dog is No Life For Me from Rescued Insanity – The title says it all, don’t you think?
- How Dogs Read Us, Part I from Will My Dog Hate Me? – Fascinating. (The next installment appeared in April, but I’ll share it as a bonus anyway. Here’s Part II.)
Did I miss any of your favorite posts from March? Share them in the comments!
Last month, I did a post cataloging a few of my favorite posts from January. I shared eight posts. I’m back with another installment, and as you can see, the numbers have increased. I didn’t mean for it to happen – but before I knew it, I had eleven or twelve posts on my list. At that point, the nerd in me decided to aim for some alliteration… so I thought I’d share fourteen. Of course, somehow I ended up with fifteen instead. I could have added more, but the next number that would have allowed for such alliteration would be fifty. Consider yourself lucky.
- Dad’s take: A songwriter’s muse from Love and a Six-Foot Leash – You know I can’t resist anything involving song parodies.
- Influence Positively Interview: Faith Maloney from Grouchy Puppy – Fantastic interview with one of the founders of Best Friends Animal Society.
- The House of Special Needs Dogs from No Dog About It – This one is technically from January, but I didn’t read it until February, so it still counts.
- Turning Fear into Understanding from Rescued Insanity – A thought-provoking piece (and thoughtful comments) about fear and judgment.
- A Confession on Bias from Back Alley Soapbox – In that same vein, here are some fantastic meditations on jerks, dogs, and Jon Hamm.
- The Ugly and the Adorable from under the blanket – A wonderfully whimsical collection of photos. I can’t get enough.
- A Valentine’s Message from Cali… from The Daily Dog Blog – Speaking of photos, I just loved this one!
- Harry PAWter from PupLove – Words cannot explain how much I want to recreate this photo shoot.
- Notes from Home from Bringing Up Bella – Putting things into perspective…
- Tennyson Obviously Didn’t Have a Dog from Something Wagging – Drowning in dog hair? Never fear!
- Forgotten Language from Tales and Tails – I’m a big Shel Silverstein fan, so this one definitely had to make the list.
- I Want to Be One of My Dogs from Twenty-Six to Life – I’ll take “phrases often said by members of my family” for $200, Alex, along with “if I’m reincarnated, I hope I come back as a dog in this family.”
- 10 Simple ways to Show Kindness in the Dog World by Rescued Insanity – Simple ways to have a much more wonderful (dog) world.
- Dog a Day Project – Tastes Like Chicken by Doggie Stylish – This one reminded me of Bella and her goose.
- Verona: Shakespeare, History, and A Lot of Dogs from Bicontinental Dachshund – These are a few of my favorite things (and I’ve always wanted to go to Italy).
It’s Friday… let’s get to it!
- Your punny pet name for this week: Andy Warhowl.
- Meet the world’s smallest working dog – score one for the little guys!
- Enjoy these lessons in love from ’90s song lyrics. Anyone have any lessons in pups learned from song lyrics to share?
- A dog in a top hat? Seems perfect for awards season.
- I was in Pottery Barn the other day and saw these adorable pillows. Perhaps the new trend in home decor is “put a dog on it”? (Someone alert Portlandia - say goodbye to “put a bird on it.” Dogs are the new birds.)
- If so, I want to buy all of these prints. (I have a pup art addiction.)
- Dog ears come in so many shapes and sizes, but they’re all so darn cute.
- I love a good sleepy dog video… the stretch at the beginning of this one really pushes it over the top.
- Ah, that age old debate: cats or dogs? Where do you land on this one?
I wonder if these dogs would star in my upcoming film, Star Wags: A New Rope Toy. Still casting for the roles of Obi Wag Kenobi, Arf Vader, Slobber the Hutt, Luke Skybarker, Arftoo-D2, Boba Fetch, and Lando Abyssinian.
Have a great weekend and may the pups be with you!