You already lost an hour this past weekend to Daylight Saving Time… so, it’s probably best to just declare this week a total loss and spend some more hours wasting time on the Internet, right? Continue reading
Well, the new year is here. It’s time to look forward. Unfortunately, I really excel in looking back. I’m often nostalgic for yesterday, not to mention yesteryear. So, in order to truly say farewell to 2013, I needed to get that out of my system. I needed to post December’s monthly roundup, and I needed to do it today.
I hope you don’t mind that this roundup is so close on the heels of the last. (Although perhaps the real problem is that I’m usually at least a month behind with these!) Anyway… today, I have a selection of fourteen posts that made me smile during the last month of the year. Read on and be merry. (It’s cool to be merry in January, right? Let’s take merriment back from December. Merriment for all the months!) Continue reading
It’s time for yet another monthly roundup. Well, technically it’s past time. Anyway… today, I give you fourteen posts that made me smile in the month of November:
- Mirth Watch Thursday: We Are the Furred from Pooch Smooches – You know I can’t resist a song parody.
- Tips For Traveling with a Cat from Rescued Insanity – I know that it sounds like a straightforward post. It is not.
- Things You Say to Dogs That Would Be Creepy If You Said to People from Bunny’s Blog – Can’t argue with that.
- If my dogs were kittens. And they had a box. from Oh My Dog! – I’m a sucker for cats in boxes. True story.
- Why I Took Leaves From My Parents And Now I’m Taking Them Back from My Brown Newfies – It’s genius. Weird genius.
- Misconceptions about Gay People and Dogs from Fidose of Reality – This is a truly fantastic post, but the line about the dog with the video camera might just be my favorite part.
- Monday Mischief: Mischief-less In 7 Letters or Less from Pooch Smooches – I love this idea. What would your dog’s vanity plate say?
- Ty and Buster: How the Boys Got Their Names from Take Paws – I’m still giggling about the Rancid suggestion.
- FitDog Friday: Overcoming Obstacles from Beagles and Bargains – I can relate.
- The Rival in My Bed from Something Wagging This Way Comes – Between the post and the comments, it’s got your Daily Laugh Requirement (DLR) covered.
- Dog Nose Wisdom from Raising a Super Dog – I think Jager should be my new life coach. How do I make that happen?
- Getting to Know My Dog’s Brush (In Which the Dog’s Brush Can Speak and I Interview It) from The Chronicles of Cardigan – Where does she come up with this stuff? Love it.
- I Write More and More Letters from Rescued Insanity – I cannot get enough of these. (Also, Food Network? I hope you were listening to this wise woman.)
- Dogs in the heat of the night from A slightly R-rated dog blog – Let’s end on a joke, shall we? We shall.
There you have it – did I miss any of your favorite posts from November? (It’s possible – I only have two eyes and one laptop, after all.) If so, please share them in the comments. (Or, if you have some from December, send them my way for the next list!)
Confession: I’ve been a bit behind on my blog reading lately.
However, in spite of my tendency to get distracted by shiny things, I did manage to bookmark a few posts for September’s monthly roundup. So, without further ado, here are a few of the blog posts that made me smile in the month of September:
- How Getting a Dog Saves You Money from Something Wagging This Way Comes – You can’t argue with that logic.
- Work Stinks: Desmond Wants to Quit His Job from Life with Desmond – Um, there are Office Space quotes, so I’m gonna need you to head on over and read this post, okay? Bring your flair.
- What’s on YOUR Playlist? Part 1 (and Part 2) from Bringing Up Bella – Head on over to enjoy some mellifluous melodies, many of them about marvelous mutts.
- Meme Mood Monday – Giving Thanks from Champion of My Heart – I just adore this sweet photo.
- Mickey & Jermaine – Dog Comedy Skits To Brighten Your Day from The Pet Blog Lady – I’m all about day brightening on this blog, after all.
- 13 Things (besides obscenities) to Not Name Your Dog from Chronicles of Cardigan – Both the post and the comments deserve a few moments of your time. Trust me, I’m a blogger.
- Comic Sans because dogs don’t talk in Times New Roman from The Poodle (and dog) blog – Comic Sans is like the lolcat of fonts, right?
Did I miss any of your September faves? If so, please share them in the comments!
It’s time for another monthly roundup, so set aside some time to catch up on your reading. Here are a few posts that made me smile in the month of August: Continue reading
You know, if our pets could read what we say about them online, they might be both flattered and horrified. After all, we sometimes share their most embarrassing moments on the Internet for all to see.
I’m pretty sure that if Bella and Tavish could type, they’d start a blog about me in retaliation. I shudder to think of the photos they would post for Wordless Wednesday. (They’re cute when they sleep, but I’m a drooling mess.)
Let’s just all be thankful that our pets can’t read, okay? Here are a few posts that made me smile in the month of July. Feel free to read them aloud to your illiterate pets:
- True Love from BZ Training – I’m pretty sure Bella’s true love is the air vent in our bedroom. I’m not sure about Tavish though.
- The Unbearable Cuteness of Being Free from Chronicles of Cardigan – An overload of amazing (and amusing) photos.
- 10 Funniest Reasons To Not Let Your Dog Go Along In Your Car This Summer from Something Wagging This Way Comes – I’ve often wished that my dog would count when I want to take the HOV lane.
- Get the ducks in a row from Rumblebum – The captions had me giggling like a fool. I’m okay with that.
- Accommodating Your Dog’s Feelings: I’m Just Going Out With The Garbage, Honey from Dawg Business – The things we do for our beloved pups…
- 10 Things My Anxious Dog Does That I Wish Were Socially Acceptable for Me to Do from A Brave Face – I’m especially keen on numbers 4 and 7.
- Favorite Friday Video – Best Friends, Border Collie Style from No Dog About It – I adore this video!
- Abandon All Hope, Ye Dog Toys Who Enter Here from Tales and Tails – Oh no, Mr. Bill… for the love of dog, oh no!
- My day as a dog from 24 Paws of Love – Not a bad idea at all.
- I Vow to My Foster Dog from Dog House Adoptions – Are you ready to say “I do”? (As to why this has resulted in me serenading the pups with Madonna, I do not know. “Cherish is the word I use to remind me of… your love.”)
- How do we benefit from loving an older dog? from Grouchy Puppy – As I’ve said before, senior dogs rock!
Did I miss any of your favorite posts from last month? It happens – although I’d like to do nothing but read all the blogs, that pesky job thing gets in the way. Also, as I mentioned above, it’s not like the pups can help by reading a few for me. Anyway, feel free share your favorite July posts in the comments so that we can all enjoy them!
It’s time for another monthly roundup! May was full of fantastic posts. I’ve pulled together a list of twenty that I really enjoyed, but I easily could have kept going. Stop being so awesome, pet bloggers.
Anyway, here are some posts that will likely prove more fun than doing your job, unless your job happens to involve lying in the grass while being licked by puppies.
(If that is your job, please contact me. I would like to send you my resume. Said resume will just include a video of me getting licked by Tavish and a portfolio of dog photos. The video portion will kind of look like this:
However, Tavish is nowhere near this calm about it, reinforcing the entry on my resume that says I have advanced skills in dog licking acceptance.)
Moving on… let’s get back to those blog posts I mentioned. Continue reading
I’ve been a bit behind on my monthly roundups. The past few months have been pretty busy. Given how often I probably complain about being busy, I feel like I should recognize how annoying that might be. Sorry, friends.
Anyway, I thought I’d make it up to you today and try to get back on track by sharing some of my favorite posts from the months of March and April. I hope that these posts put a smile on your face!
- We’re Taking Notes On Some of Your Favorite Dr. Seuss Quotes from My Brown Newfies – As you know, I love Seuss.
- Moving Tips from the Dog from Kol’s Notes – Take note, humans.
- The Dog Person’s Guide to Spring from Something Wagging This Way Comes – Those tumbleweeds of dog hair are certainly a sign of a new season.
- I Write More Letters from Rescued Insanity – Clever and touching.
- Küster’s Magic Shut Up Spoon from Tales and Tails – How do I order one?
- Bella blowing bubbles (video) from Bringing Up Bella – It may be impossible to watch this one without smiling.
- Buying a Couch When You Have a Dog from Sugar the Golden Retriever – Why, I can’t imagine what one would need to be concerned about…
- Weird Conversations I Had With My Husband This Week from My Brown Newfies – Dog hair in your sandwich sounds pretty normal to me.
- More Reasons Why You Should Adopt a Greyhound from Tales and Tails – You can’t argue with logic.
- Future Boys from BZ Dogs – Tribbles! Need I say more?
- The Dog Lover’s Guide to Great Sex from Something Wagging This Way Comes – I could not stop laughing.
- Blogger-to-Blogger Grammar Tips: How to Avoid Homonym Hades (illustrated with funny pet photos) from The Chronicles of Cardigan – Grammar nerds unite! If you need me, I’ll be over here giggling about the Shakespeare joke.
- Mirth Watch Thursday: Opposable Thumbs from Pooch Smooches – What would your dog do?
- Ways to Show Kindness in the Blogging World from Rescued Insanity – We could all use a little more kindness, after all.
Did I miss any of your favorite posts? Please share them in the comments. I’ve been behind on my reading, so I’m sure I missed some gems out there!
I realize that I haven’t shared much about my BlogPaws experience yet. I’m still catching up on life, but I promise I’ll get there eventually. In the meantime, I thought I’d share a few photos I snapped over the weekend.
First up, a pink punk rocker from Curlz and Swirls:
And here’s dapper Dewi from the Chronicles of Cardigan:
Think you can do better? Give me your best captions in the comments!
Obviously, Friday links are a little late. Let’s just call it a Shamrock Saturday instead. After all, given that St. Patrick’s Day is on Sunday, could I choose any other theme?
- First up, your punny pet name: Sinead O’Collar.
- I’d like to follow that up with a little shameless self-promotion. Looking for a dessert to make this weekend? Try my recipe for Whiskey Beeramisu (aka Irish Tiramisu). That’s right. I don’t mess around.
- If that’s not your speed, how about Green Beer Cupcakes or Spotted Dog?
- No time? I guess you could just buy a dessert instead.
- Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way… can we discuss how weird this Lucky Charms video is? It’s like they want me to have breakfast at a dance club. (Idea: spoons that double as glow sticks. You’re welcome, party kids.)
- What are your plans this weekend? Whatever you do, remember to beware the sides of starch.
- Speaking of things that rhyme with starch, will you be giving in to March Madness? If basketball’s not your thing, you can always play Animals March Madness instead.
- Did you know that Greyhounds have some Irish history?
- Enjoy this Corgi limerick! (Also, this next link in no way relates to today’s theme, but I don’t care. The Corgi’s name is Corgnelious. I had no choice.)
- If you, like me, enjoy the occasional Shamrock Shake (I allow myself one per year and try not to think about how horrible it is for me), I want to let you in on a little secret. Ask for it half Shamrock, half chocolate. You won’t be sorry. (Allegedly, it’s called the McLeprechaun, but somehow I doubt that my local McDonald’s would have known that if I’d tried to order it that way.)
Finally, today’s video. There are no words…
Do you have big plans for St. Patrick’s Day?