‘Tis the time for reminiscing about 2011…
Last year, I shared some of my favorite posts from this blog. This year, I’ve decided to stop the navel gazing (until the Pet Blogger Challenge later this month, of course) and highlight some of my favorite posts from other bloggers. (Thanks to Mel from the No Dog About It blog for the inspiration.)
It’s a tough task, actually. There is a ton of great content out there in the pet blogging community.
The posts below all have one thing in common – they make me laugh or smile (one of those really big smiles). There are many beautiful, touching, and thought-provoking posts that touched my heart this year. However, today I felt like aiming for tears of laughter or joy rather than the other kind. Hope you don’t mind.
It was a long year. I’m sure there are some others I adored that slipped my mind when writing this post. (Perhaps one of my 2012 resolutions should be to do a better job of keeping track of my favorite posts. You may notice that this list skews toward the more recent entries.) In no particular order, here are 22 posts I loved this year…
- My Most Embarrassing Dog Moment from My Brown Newfies – I have no words. Just go read it.
- The Puppiness Project – Everything’s Better with Puppies from Something Wagging This Way Comes – With a title like that, how could this post not make my list?
- 10 Pictures of Dogs Reading Books from Doggie Stylish- I love dogs. I love books. I love this post.
- Favorite Video Friday – Stella’s Shasta Adventure from No Dog About It – I don’t know how Mel finds so many great videos. However, I still watch this one when I just need a moment of Zen.
- (Viewing this may cause extreme joy) More Happy Pets! Part I from The Chronicles of Cardigan – It really did cause extreme joy. Extreme.
- Adopting Beelzebub: A Beast of a Bird? from This One Wild Life – An adoption story that warmed the cockles of my heart.
- 17 Things Bella Has Stolen from Bringing up Bella – I’m kind of glad my Bella only hoards socks.
- Spam Saturday: Amazing Products, Thrilling Occasions, Thanks-a-Mundo! from Will My Dog Hate Me – This post is masterwork. Go put the lime in the coconut and drink it up, okay?
- 32 Simple Things You Do That Matter To Dogs from Peggy’s Pet Place- More warming for those cockles.
- Dog a Day Project – Why I Don’t Have Kids from Doggie Stylish – I’m just going to start replying to everyone who asks me when I’m going to have children by emailing them a link to this post. (Don’t get me wrong – I don’t know what the future holds. However, I tend to think people should mind their own beeswax and stop asking.)
- 5 Reasons Puppies are Easier Than Kids from Smart Dog – A perfect companion to the Doggie Stylish post.
- She Who Cannot Be Trusted from Postpartum Paradise – A toddler, a dog, and adventures in unconventional (and unsanctioned) grooming. See? I can appreciate posts involving kids!
- Senior Dogs: Appreciate, Don’t Discriminate from Grouchy Puppy – This one is actually a guest post that Sharon from Grouchy Puppy contributed to this blog. I just love the message.
- The Mystery of Burt’s Bees from Tales and Tails – Or, as I like to think of it, “how to collect puppy kisses in one easy step.”
- Dogs in International Costumes: Bone Voyage! from Will My Dog Hate Me – Just because.
- Drunken Master IV: Canine Fu from Rescued Insanity – A funny tale of DWWI (Dog Walking While Intoxicated).
- For Woofing Out Loud from Kol’s Notes – In case you’ve ever wondered if your dog thinks you’re as funny as you think you are… the answer is apparently no.
- 15 Ways to Tell if You’re Dog Crazy from Something Wagging This Way Comes – Just a genius post, and, well… it’s funny ’cause it’s true. This post inspired me to start that whole dog song parody series of posts.
- Pinterest Tuesday – Dogs Making Messes from Two Little Cavaliers – The cutest kind of mess is the kind that I don’t have to clean up.
- Chinese Takeout = Bad Dog Parenting from Life With Desmond – Speaking of messes… wondering if something is trash or treasure? Just ask the dog.
- Dressing Up Dogs at Holidays from Grouchy Puppy – I just love this creative take on the antler photo.
- From the DDY Digs Desk from Daley’s Dog Years – I’m not ashamed to admit that I’m including this post partly because of the Ryan Gosling photo.
Why 22? I have no idea. I feel like this list could have gone on forever (for example, I wanted to include a post from BZ Training
, but I just couldn’t pick a favorite photo shoot, so I’m cheating and linking to the whole blog here). Finally, I just held an intervention for myself, cut myself off, and sent myself to list-making rehab.
What was your favorite pet blog post of 2011?