Just because it’s Monday…
You know, I think this blog is way overdue for a good old fashioned link roundup. Don’t you agree? Let’s dive right in.
- First up, your punny pet names for the week: Hiss Hemsworth and Ferret Leto.
- It’s the first rule of Dog Club, man.
- Some look at things and say, “Why?” Others look at things and think, “Dang, that would do for a dog train.”
- How have I never heard of this podcast before?
- I feel the need to introduce you two these dog-related comics: Dogs, Ducks & Aliens and Bark Trek. You’re welcome.
- Tell everyone I died from too much cuteness. They’ll understand.
Finally, as always, we end with a video. Forget that whole doggie in the window thing:
Thanks to BarkPost for this one!
Man, posting a link roundup has me feeling all kinds of nostalgic. I can’t promise them weekly, but it did feel kind of good to bring back the link-a-palooza.
So, anyone else about to be snowbound?
I hate winter. (Tavish agrees.)
Last year was a busy blogging year for me… just not on this blog. I launched my webcomic, which – like a shiny, new toy – has gotten the lion’s share of my attention. I’ll admit that I’ve found myself missing this space and hope to give some more attention to my first blog-child in the coming year. (We’ll talk more about that later this month – stay tuned.)
With that in mind, I wanted to start off the new year with a new post. When a friend told me about 50 Happy Things, I just knew that this was the perfect way to kick off 2016 (and to help me find some positivity in a year that seemed to be full of sad news from the world at large). Plus, I love lists. I have a list of the lists that I keep. It’s like list-ception.
You can visit Tales from the Motherland for the full lowdown, but here are the basics:
- Set a timer for ten minutes.
- During those ten minutes, write a list of 50(ish) things that made you happy (or that you were grateful for) in 2015. (After time was up, I went back and added some links, comments, and photos – you know I can’t resist a good link roundup.)
- Add your post to the list of bloggers participating in this flood of gratitude. (Don’t have a blog? That’s okay! You can do this on your own – either just for yourself, or to share with your friends in another format. Also, if you want to tell me some of the things that made you happy in the comments, I’d love to hear them!)
I armed Tavish with a stopwatch, which he promptly ignored in favor of going back to sleep. (Hosting people for New Year’s Eve is exhausting, apparently.) So, looks like I’m on my own. Here we go… Continue reading
So, I present to you the first in a (possible) series… illustrated punny pet names! Our first fur-lebrity to get the picture treatment?
Everyone’s favorite lifeguard, the star of Haywatch… Ms. Hamela Anderson! Please enjoy this autographed photo from the lady hamster herself:
Fun fact (or… just a fact): this is my first time drawing a hamster. I have a feeling that this news will not surprise you.
So, tell me… is this feature a keeper? (Be honest.) If so, any suggestions for a possible title? (In addition to “Picture this Pun,” I briefly considered “Profiles in Punnage” as an alternate.)