Obviously, Friday links are a little late. Let’s just call it a Shamrock Saturday instead. After all, given that St. Patrick’s Day is on Sunday, could I choose any other theme?
- First up, your punny pet name: Sinead O’Collar.
- I’d like to follow that up with a little shameless self-promotion. Looking for a dessert to make this weekend? Try my recipe for Whiskey Beeramisu (aka Irish Tiramisu). That’s right. I don’t mess around.
- If that’s not your speed, how about Green Beer Cupcakes or Spotted Dog?
- No time? I guess you could just buy a dessert instead.
- Now that I’ve gotten that out of the way… can we discuss how weird this Lucky Charms video is? It’s like they want me to have breakfast at a dance club. (Idea: spoons that double as glow sticks. You’re welcome, party kids.)
- What are your plans this weekend? Whatever you do, remember to beware the sides of starch.
- Speaking of things that rhyme with starch, will you be giving in to March Madness? If basketball’s not your thing, you can always play Animals March Madness instead.
- Did you know that Greyhounds have some Irish history?
- Enjoy this Corgi limerick! (Also, this next link in no way relates to today’s theme, but I don’t care. The Corgi’s name is Corgnelious. I had no choice.)
- If you, like me, enjoy the occasional Shamrock Shake (I allow myself one per year and try not to think about how horrible it is for me), I want to let you in on a little secret. Ask for it half Shamrock, half chocolate. You won’t be sorry. (Allegedly, it’s called the McLeprechaun, but somehow I doubt that my local McDonald’s would have known that if I’d tried to order it that way.)
Finally, today’s video. There are no words…
Do you have big plans for St. Patrick’s Day?